Biodiversity offsetting makes dreams come true. It is the license that can make bad developers’ dreams a reality.
Across the world offsets already justify the destruction of irreplaceable ecosystems to make way for mining projects, motorways, pipelines …
Europe is the new frontier for biodiversity offsets.The European Union is considering new legislation that permits biodiversity offsets.
Last year more then 140 organisations signed on to the ‘No to biodiversity offsets declaration’. Read all about it here
- Critical literature review of biodiversity offsets:
- What is biodiversity and why is it important?
- What is biodiversity offsetting and why is it problematic?
- Biodiversity offsetting in practice:
- Case studies of biodiversity offsets in the UK
- Nature is not for Sale event in London: presentations
- Presentation about trading ecosystems
Submission to UK consultation on biodiversity offsetting
- A Tree for a Fish: Understanding the (il)logic behind biodiversity offsets
- Like Oil and Water: Struggles Against the Brazilian Green Economy
English or Portugese
- Protecting carbon to destroy forests: Land enclosures and REDD+
‘Biodiversity offsetting, making dreams come true’ is a film by the following organisations:
- Counter Balance
- Carbon Trade Watch